SOMA One Day Seminar on Missional Communities
What is church wasn’t a place you go – but who you are? What would it look like if followers of Jesus began to live out their identity of being the Church instead of merely attending a church?
A Disciple is one who increasingly brings all of life under the Lordship of Jesus Christ and leads others to do the same. So disciple-making requires: Life on Life, Life in Community, Life on Mission. At Soma, we believe the best way to realize this is through Missional Communities. A Missional Community is a FAMILY of MISSIONARY SERVANTS sent as DISCIPLES who make DISCIPLES.
This seminar will discuss how do we define church, the power of the gospel to save a people, the purpose of God for our salvation, and forming missional communities.
- Location: Fuchu City Green Plaza 5F, Fuchuchou 1-1-1 Fuchu City, Tokyo
- Hosted by Fuchu Community and Grace Harbor Church, Endorsed by JEMA CPI
- Main Speakers: Jeff Vanderstelt and Todd C. Morr from Soma Communities, an A29 church in Tacoma, WA.
- The seminar will be translated into Japanese. So bring your Japanese partners.
- For Registration, a bilingual flyer, and more information see http://www.somajapan.com/
- For further information contact Yoshito Noguchi at firstname.lastname@example.org (English or Japanese OK).
OTHER CPI EVENTS – PLEASE SAVE THE DATES
- Kanto Church Planting Next Steps Seminar November 10-12, 2014 Chiba
- Kanto Gospel Renewal Seminar November 11, 2014
- Japan 2015 CPI National Conference, Hamayou Resort, Lake Saiko November 11-13, 2015